How do I auto populate data in sheets based on another cell?
Use autofill to complete a series
- Open a Google Sheets spreadsheet on your computer.
- Enter text, numbers, or dates in at least two adjacent cells in a column or row.
- Highlight the cells. You'll see a small blue box in the lower right corner.
- Drag the blue box down or across any number of cells.
How do I use index match in Google Sheets?
In contrast to excel, where the result is entered with CRTL SHIFT ENTER, the result is entered with the enter key only for Google Sheets. We can use a formula that is based on the INDEX and MATCH functions to lookup a value in a table in a Google Sheet.
How do I use Importrange in Google Sheets?
How to use IMPORTRANGE in Google Sheets
- Utilizing the IMPORTRANGE function typically only requires two arguments.
- Copy the URL by selecting it in the browsers address bar at the top.
- Without the quotes, enter =IMPORTRANGE( in the new spreadsheet.
- Add a closing quote after pasting the URL.
How do I automatically copy an entire row to another worksheet based on cell value in Google Sheets?
Copy a row to new sheet based on value in a cell
- Master sheet, please.
- Locate the final row.
- Obtain the value of the cell in the state column.
- Depending on what state it is in, copy that row into any one of 50 different sheets.
- Every time the master sheet is updated (via an API), run the script.
Excel formulas for conditional formatting based on cell value
- Select the cells that need formatting.
- On the Home tab, in the Styles group, click Conditional formatting > New Rule…
- Select Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the New Formatting Rule window.
- Fill in the corresponding box with the formula.